+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Peugeot Speedfight 2 Oil leak

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Peugeot Speedfight 2 Oil leak

Hi guys,

New to here but maybe you can help?!

I just bought a Speedfight 2 and after riding it home and parking it up for abit i noticed when i went back out to it, a small oil leak on the floor.

It seems to be dripping from the bottom right underside of the CVT cover, but theres no oil in that as thats where the clutch, variator and belt are housed.

There is also another small oil leak dripping from the underside of the belly in the middle of the bike. There is NO oil leaking / covering any part of the right hand side of the engine, all the oil seems to be on the right handside!

Can anybody shed any light on where this maybe leaking from? Or where to start looking!

I have a video also incase that helps?

Cheers and Thank You

Post Thanks / Like
    Your Gearbox is right behind the Clutch , Thats full of oil !
    Too Late !Too Late ! will be the cry when the Man with the bargains has passed you by

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...M8C3w60_12.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I really dont think the oil is leaking from there. BUT i shall take that cover off tomorrow and have a look!

Is there any oil seals or gaaskets behind the clutch then?

Still dont explain why theres 2/ oil on the under belly, any ideas? looks like the oil pump is left side?

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah the Oil pump is Left side just under the exhaust Manifold , the Gearbox has a gasket between the Gearbox Housing and Main Tranny Case , also oil seals , Is your back brake ok ? it may be dripping from the Brake drum as the main drive shaft goes through there to the back wheel
    Too Late !Too Late ! will be the cry when the Man with the bargains has passed you by

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/n...M8C3w60_12.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    could be that the gearbox drain plug might be loose or the gasket is leaking for the gearbox cover inside the tranny case.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by dazza View Post
    Yeah the Oil pump is Left side just under the exhaust Manifold , the Gearbox has a gasket between the Gearbox Housing and Main Tranny Case , also oil seals , Is your back brake ok ? it may be dripping from the Brake drum as the main drive shaft goes through there to the back wheel
    Rear brake is sweet as a nut and still as stong as always. No slipping!

Im guessing its something to do with the oil pump, it looks like the person who had it before me has 'cable tied' the pipe to the nipples of both the pump and carb?

Iv cleaned up the CVT casing, and there dont seem to be no more 'oil' drops from that so im guessing its got to be something to do with the 2/ oil pump and the cable from it!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information