+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Peugeot Speedfight 2 100cc

Post Thanks / Like

Re: Peugeot Speedfight 2 100cc

Did you look on my project thread?

Probably make it alot easier if you remove the coilpack mounting plate...
    An obsession coupled with a sickness.

speedfight-100-project-pic-heavy-t2122.html

Post Thanks / Like

i will find a better place for it then and move it soon. :D
    should hopefully get the immobilizer sorted for the end of the week, i just hope it sorts the problem as it would be a waste of a 100quid.

this is the engine casing so far...
    really is taking the piss to clean up but will be well worth it, hopefully.

chopped the spoiler/bracket down, due to every speedfight i see has a spoiler and i wanted to try go for a different look. and to be fair on 100cc moped the last thing i need to worry about is keeping back end down lol.

now am just cleanin up all the rust to make look abit tidier. did want to remove the engine/swingin arm to clean all that up aswell but having doubts due to the fact i'm not too confident, maybe after read up from someone else whos done it :)

Will let you know how the new bypass unit goes, fingers crossed.

Post Thanks / Like

Yeah, its simple mate, just have a look on my project thread in my signature.
    An obsession coupled with a sickness.

speedfight-100-project-pic-heavy-t2122.html

Post Thanks / Like

got my CDI unit/bypass this morning, plugged it in. now the bike still wont start.
    there is no petrol gettin to the carb at all. i was just wondering about the two pipes that come from the fuel tap/filter if i was to pull either one if these off from the bottom of the fuel tap should petrol pour out as mine doesn't? if any one can help please let me know asap, thanks alot...

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jay69
    got my CDI unit/bypass this morning, plugged it in. now the bike still wont start.
    there is no petrol gettin to the carb at all. i was just wondering about the two pipes that come from the fuel tap/filter if i was to pull either one if these off from the bottom of the fuel tap should petrol pour out as mine doesn't? if any one can help please let me know asap, thanks alot...
    also yes i have checked there is spark its all fine

Post Thanks / Like

If you remove both pipes then .. no .. petrol should come out ...

Keep both pipes off the tap ...

Put a length of pipe on the bottom of the tap ..

If you gently suck on the pipe then petrol should flow from the top connection ..

You can check if fuel is getting into the float chamber by slackening (no need to remove) the drain screw ..

I know nowt about 'puters even less about scooters .. as an 100% amateur any advise given is based on my personal observations .. opinions .. knowledge .. Google and Haynes .. However it is advice only. You are responsible for implementing it safely .. if you are not 100% sure about anything you should consult a professional.

Please ... Don't PM me on techie topics ... remember ... an answer via a PM helps one member.. An answer on the Forum may help many..

Post Thanks / Like

okay thanks alot, thats made it alot easier for me to understand :)
    i will check that first thing tomorrow... I was playing about with it earlier & someone suggested removing the air box and just squirting some fuel into the carb. so i decided to do that & after abit the biked kicked up and stayed alive for about 20 - 30 seconds before dying i assume that was just using the little bit of fuel that was in the carb...?
    If its not the fuel tap and its not sucking petrol what else could it be? i'm pretty sure when i checked earlier that the spark plug had petrol on the bottom so fuel must be passing through...? i dont have a clue lol
    Thanks alot for your help :D

J

Post Thanks / Like

I tested the fuel tap like you said & i think fuel is coming through, i think the two pipes leading off it are going to the wrong places, i'm just tryin to find something in the forum that tell me exactly where they go as i think the vaccum one is in the wrong place? sorry for all the noob questions lol.

Post Thanks / Like

The top one goes to the carb to feed petrol in ... Usually on the 100cc the bottom pipe goes to the inlet manifold to supply vacuum to open the tap ..

50cc (100cc similar)..

Usually the oil feed from the pump is on the side of the carb ..

Although on some the pipe on the inlet manifold feeds 2T oil in from the pump and the vacuum is taken of the side of the carb ..
    I know nowt about 'puters even less about scooters .. as an 100% amateur any advise given is based on my personal observations .. opinions .. knowledge .. Google and Haynes .. However it is advice only. You are responsible for implementing it safely .. if you are not 100% sure about anything you should consult a professional.

Please ... Don't PM me on techie topics ... remember ... an answer via a PM helps one member.. An answer on the Forum may help many..

Post Thanks / Like

thanks alot for that, its starting up every time now. i have to cut it off shortly after though as it revs itself all over my garage floor, litterly moves the bike....?
    not sure if it means anything but the where the exhaust bolts to the engine its red hot!

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information