+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: NGF 172 CYLINDER KIT

jay88

NGF 172 CYLINDER KIT

has anyone heard of these or tried and tested one as im very curious

NEW OUT TO THE MARKET THE NGF 172 CYLINDER KIT

Come with gaskets head piston rings pin cirlips and helpfull instruction.

Malossi power and half the price.

Post Thanks / Like

Re: NGF 172 CYLINDER KIT

im really intereted in this kit too :P its a very good price compared to the other brands. im sure there was someone on another forum that was going to test it but cant remember which one it was ;/ could have been the gilera runner forum?

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sure Gilerarunner.net will have some information on it.

I apologise if advertising other sites is not allowed but its relevant.
    An obsession coupled with a sickness.

speedfight-100-project-pic-heavy-t2122.html

Post Thanks / Like

Interesting, but too cheap.. And we all know the saying "Buy cheap, buy twice" and "Pay peanuts, you get monkeys"

Probably just another cheap chinese cylinder kit TBH, Malossi charge £250 for a reason ;)
    2012 Piaggio Zip 2T:
    - Motoforce sport 70
    - Malossi 14/39 primary gear up
    - Gianelli next exhaust

Post Thanks / Like

PM tuning ran one on test .. mentioned the castings a bit rough in the exhaust ports but they reckon pumped out 22bhp and overall it was OK..

NGF Performance 172cc 65mm Alloy Cast Nicasil Cylinder Kit
    by PM Tuning Racing Products Ltd on Thursday, 22 September 2011 at 08:57

NGF Performance 172cc 65mm alloy cast nicasil cylinder kit - based on a well known established kit but for around half the price. This kit is aimed at customers working on a budget, the kit offers great value for money and comes complete with piston kit, cylinder head, viton "O" rings, base gasket, and fitting instructions. £126.97, to order please contact sales on 01524 850800.

“We tested a sample of this kit back in 2010 running on Castrol TTS on a well set up Gilera Runner with a PM59 exhaust, 25mm carb kit, PM variator kit and PM race crank. OK - the internal port finish may not be the smoothest we have seen, however this did not really affect the way the kit ran. The results were very pleasing giving a genuine 22HP at the rear wheel with a nice wide spread of power and greater over-rev than the stock 180 setup. After running the kit for over 3000 miles we carefully inspected the condition of the kit; we were amazed to see how well the bore, piston, and rings had held up. All previously noted tolerances had hardly changed and the piston still looked like new.”

Full kit complete with fitting instructions £126.97, to order please contact sales on 01524 850800.
    I know nowt about 'puters even less about scooters .. as an 100% amateur any advise given is based on my personal observations .. opinions .. knowledge .. Google and Haynes .. However it is advice only. You are responsible for implementing it safely .. if you are not 100% sure about anything you should consult a professional.

Please ... Don't PM me on techie topics ... remember ... an answer via a PM helps one member.. An answer on the Forum may help many..

Post Thanks / Like

/\/\/\ very interesting :D

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe better to say that PM they sell 'em .. so maybe not a neutral opinion ..??
    I know nowt about 'puters even less about scooters .. as an 100% amateur any advise given is based on my personal observations .. opinions .. knowledge .. Google and Haynes .. However it is advice only. You are responsible for implementing it safely .. if you are not 100% sure about anything you should consult a professional.

Please ... Don't PM me on techie topics ... remember ... an answer via a PM helps one member.. An answer on the Forum may help many..

Post Thanks / Like

i heard that pm make them not sure if its true tho

Post Thanks / Like

Well, cheap and cheerful. I mean how can you resist at that price! thats 70cc sport money :O
    i would personally buy one if i didnt have the money at the time its a massive bang for buck if its port map is same as the malossi!
    My Gilera Runner Frame Upwards Build, 172 - 19.3BHP. 183SRT- ???BHP ;)
    http://www.scooternations.com/showth...-Frame-upwards

The Winter Hack ZIP 50 -> 70!
    http://www.scooternations.com/showth...Zip-50-Project

Post Thanks / Like

Bought one of these kits about a week ago, they are made very badly (chinese) and have a very very thin layer of nikasil. They have the exact same port map as malossi though, but if your thinking of getting one then you will have to go over the ports with a dremel as they are very rough.

So once the ports had been sorted I tried fitting it and the holes on the barrel was'nt drilled out big enough so it would'nt fit on the engine, so I then had to drill them out so it would fit, and whilst fitting the kit one of the skirts on the barrel actually fell off, so after sorting that out, I tried fitting the head and turns out that it also has not been made to fit and the bolts only screw on a tiny bit so had to sort that out aswell.

Finally got the bike back together and started it, it does have good power the same as malossi if not better, so just going to see how long it lasts.

But to be honest I would'nt recomend buying one, I would much rather pay the extra for a malossi.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information